Thursday, December 4, 2008

Stretching your alphas (part III)

So far this week, I've talked about stretching your chipboard alphabet letters (part I) and your letter stickers (part II).

Today's post is about thickers. You might have heard of these wonderful items from American Crafts. ;)

I love AC thickers and use them quite often on my layouts. They make them in so many different types (chipboard, velvet, felt, vinyl, etc.) which can be modified in the tips I presented on my previous posts.

Today, I want to talk about the foam ones.

The foam thickers are wonderful, especially if you want to change letters to make them work for the words you're spelling. You can trim off a "d" to make an "a" or flip a "q" to make a "b", etc.

But I also found that because they're so pliable, you can form new letters by cutting them apart and changing their shape.

For example, I needed an "e" to spell "soccer" but didn't have anymore. So, I took a zero from the number section, trimmed off a little bit and reshaped it to form my "e" on my page.



So there you have three different ways to make the most of your albhabet letters. I challenge you to use these on one of your next layouts and to leave a comment and link to your layout-- I'd love to see it! ♥

No comments: