Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stretching your alphas (part II)

Sometimes, I run into the same problem with my letter stickers-- I'm missing the letters I need to spell out my desired title.

I pretty much follow the same principle as with the chipboard letters (see Stretching your alphas (part I). I look through my letters and get creative. Lower case "b"s & "d"s can become "q"s & "p"s and vice versa. Letters can get trimmed down, or cut something off and add it to another letter (I've created "e"s by cutting off something straight to add to a "c".

To trim down my letters, I use a craft knife. It allows me the precision I need and makes a nice clean cut.

My layout example today, made with the December kit was created using both a "d" and a "k" trimmed down to make the two "l"s in fall. I used my one remaining "l" for girl, so my trimming wouldn't be as noticeable. Also, I cut down a "d" to make my "a" in fall.



No comments: