Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Changing photos on home decor projects - banner

I wanted to take some time during my blog week to highlight the holiday banner I made with December's kit.
(I had intentions of making a Valentine's one... but it hasn't happened yet)



I love having "scrapbook decor" up, but I don't like that after a while... when I'm tired of the pictures, I have to take it down. Same deal here.
I knew I wanted to make a banner with the Jenni Bowlin Bingo Cards, but I didn't want to "waste" them and just have them in a box in a few years. So I came up with this.

I took standard photo protectors (from a regular photo album) and trimmed them out individually. I cut my paper pieces and just sewed them on. This way I can change my photos every year and not have to replace my hard work!

Some closeups...

3 comments:

deryqueen said...

What a great idea Marcy....I love that you have all these great ideas for making holiday decor personal.

Tam said...

love the idea of the adding the page protectors so you can change the pictures! You are so smart:)

Eva said...

You never cease to amaze me. :)