Saturday, January 3, 2009

More chipboard snowflake ideas

I thought I'd share a few more ideas for embellishing the Maya Road chipboard snowflakes (which by the way are found in the January kit.)



You can cover them with patterned paper & sand the edges. Or paint them a solid colour, like Marcy did on her minus 42 layout.



You can ink them a solid colour and then ink the edges with a different colour. (Acrylic paint works well, too.)



You can paint or ink them a solid colour and then stamp them with an image (I used some Autumn Leaves swirl stamps from the Shoppe) stamped in Versamark, add embossing powder, shake off the excess and heat with a heat gun.



Or, you can attempt a technique, mess it up and still be happy with the results! LOL!

That's what happened to me here. I was trying the previous technique (inking, then stamping and heat embossing) but I made the mistake of using VersaColour ink to cover the whole snowflake. After I stamped and covered the whole thing in white embossing powder, I tried to shake off the excess, but it didnt' want to shake off! I decided to still heat it with my heat gun and was pretty happy with how it turned out.

So, which ever technique you choose, have fun with it!

No comments: