Saturday, January 17, 2009

Liz's Space

Welcome to my little corner... I use part of our family room in the basement, and this is the view coming into the room.


I got this tall shelf at the Superstore (I really wanted to go to Ikea and get an Expedit shelf like Marcy has, but this works for now). On the top shelf I have SU! cardstocks and papers, a box of completed cards, a box of envelopes and a box with my Hero Arts Wood Mounted stamps.

On the second shelf I have my Big Shot, my Clear Stamp Binder (similar to Leigh's, but I just used photo protector sheets and hockey card sheets). There's also a portable paper holder that I have packed with some stamps and letter stickers/rub-ons too.

On the third shelf, I have a box with my paper flowers, a box of cardstock and paper scraps, a photo box with my photo back-up CD's and my embossing powders (in plastic containers for quick and easy use). I also have a few alterable items on that shelf.

On the bottom shelf, I have a scrapbook album and a basket with embellishments.

My desk is a table from Ikea. I think it's about 2.5'x5'. At the back right corner, I have the same desk organizer Leigh has (also from Ikea). I keep rub-ons, stickers, Hambly transparancies, pencils and pens, and the latest MSS kit in it. Beside that I have a fabric covered box with three sections. It holds my adhesives, some inkpads and small embellishments.
There is a ledge above my desk, and I use it to hold more stuff! It's home to my Stickles and re-inkers, ribbon jars (I think they were made for the kitchen), a jar of buttons and some containers of flowers. I have another desk organizer up there too. It holds most of my letter stickers and rub-ons as well as a few embellishments. I have a magnet board on the wall above my desk. I hang inspiration up there, and also some of the products I want to use. I also have magnet clips holding my non-alpha rub-ons.


This is the left side of my work area. We found some metal shelves and spray painted them white. The top shelf holds my paper holders and some drawers from Ikea. I covered the fronts of one of them with paper, but haven't done the other one yet. My cardstock and papers are all in the paper holders. The next shelf down holds my boxes of punches, inkpads, markers and stamps. On the back left of my desk, I have my AMM tote which holds a lot of my tools and small inkpads.


These are the shelves that are accessible beside my desk. I have my SU! wood mounted stamps in the metal and plastic containers. The rest of the shelf space is only reachable if I crawl under my desk, so I put things I don't use as often there.


Thanks for visiting! It's definitely function over looks right now, but it works for me. :D



5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great space, Liz!
Isn't that IKEA desk organizer awesome?

jen k said...

thanks for sharing Liz!!!
you've got alot of stuff in that small space!!! i like the row of paper to your left,tha would be so convenient.

Marcy said...

I love how you used that ledge!

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing your space Liz. Thanks to all of you. You have inspired me to revamp my space in the last 2 days... yep, it has taken me that long, but boy does it feel great. So cleansing. Thanks for being so inspiring girls!!

Anne Krashel said...

Great space Liz. I'll take function over looks anyday! tfs