Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jen's scrap space

....well if i can call it that. I live in a small apartment so space is at a premium, i share my space with the dining room..so all my stuff has to be really organized and able to be put away quickly..



In this photo below is my black cabinet i aquired. I have stamps, bling, sewing stuff, and chipboard in each drawer, from top to bottom. In the glassed cupboard i just have pretty things i like to look at. When i am not using my sewing machine, it usually stays right where you see it in the photo...I always hang up a layout on the wall. usually one I really love that has to do with my girls or our family..I picked up the yellow peg board at a church yard sale for a buck. I love it..so i hang random stuff that i like to look at on it.. (i'm a hoarder from way back, i think we used to be called pack rats??)



in this photo we have my paper rack and my main storage. The paper rack was made by my dad and his friend for me last xmas..i love it so!! i have my paper divided by manufacturer, with KI near the top with 2 spots, i keep the top one for my little tray of pencils, markers and scissors, the next one down is for the MSS kit...
and my MM spinner on top of my paper rack has journalling blocks, ribbon, all sorts of little things in it, and my Barbie of course!!!

i plan to fill those 3 canvases on the wall. just waiting for inspiration to strike.

the wooden hutch is where i store most things...i sit in the spot right in front of it, so i try to keep the surface as clear as possible..all my main things are just a arm length away, and being left-handed this set-up is perfect.



The top portion of this cupboard is where i keep my photos soon to be scrapped, and bigger, bulkier packages of stuff.
i love my glass jars of buttons and embellishments...its all KI in the smaller jar..again busted....hoarding again. heehee



My ribbon drawer, "nuff said. ;)



and finally in the lower portion is where the essentials are stored...from the left is adhsive and tools,middle is thickers, rubons, and flat-packaged stuff, and the right is smaller packaged stuff..Below is my cuttlebug, and in the basket is my toolkit, chalks and pencil crayons..



Presently my filled albums stay in my closet..and as you can see above the layouts which have yet to find an album get stacked on top of my hutch. The basket on top of the layouts is filled with the few mini-albums i've done.

Well, that's my space. i like it, even if its small. I have fun decorationg it..
if you have any questions about something, leave it in the comments and i'll get back to you!!

6 comments:

deryqueen said...

i sooo love that little black Hutch, do u remember where you go it?? What an adorable space, I love that you dont have this huge area but you made it work for you and its pretty.

Leigh Penner said...

Great space, Jen!
I especially love your apothecary jars filled with buttons and embellies!

jen k said...

the black hutch was from Winners, my Aunt had it and i traded her for it!! there are other pieces that come with it, more office type stuff...i was debating on hanging it up,its not supposed to, but i'm still thinking about it!!

Marcy said...

Love your space Jen! So inspiring how you can make a small space work!!

Eva said...

Love it Jen..especially that black hutch...and your collection of ribbon! ;)

Liz Goldhawk said...

Love that hutch and the jars filled with buttons and KI. You've made great use of your space!