Monday, January 12, 2009

Leigh's scrappy space

The DT thought it would be fun to share our scrap spaces this week on the blog. And I'm up first!

My space is located in a corner of the rec room in our basement. My table is 4x8. (It was actually built by my dh as a table to set up his electric trains, but because our kids were smaller then, he never set them up. The previous owners had installed flourescent lighting over top, so I claimed it for my scrapbooking stuff. )



Beside the table, I have most of my stuff stored on these shelving units. I got the pair for $24 at Jysk, but unfortunately, they don't sell them anymore.



In the basket on the top shelf, I store some of my tools that I don't use as often (pinking shears, my CM cutting system, etc.) Beside that is my stamp album. (For more info about that, click here). In the clear boxes beside that, I keep my buttons (seen here) and older small embellishments. Then my clock/CD player, that I need to learn how to set the time. LOL!

On the next shelf: my binder that holds all of my aphabet stickers and thickers (I slip them in page protectors and they're organized by colour.) I have a second binder that's used the same way for holding rub-ons, non-alphabet stickers, etc. In the brown containers (I made these years ago by cutting apart a box that my son's winter boots came in), I store my patterned paper, alphabetically by manufacturer. The white cropper hoppers hold my 12x12 and 8.5x11 cardstock.



In these containers, I keep:
1. my woodmounted stamps and inks that I don't use often.
2. my acrylic paints and an ice cream pail lid to mix paint on.
3. my patterned paper scraps.
4. my chipboard letters (Heidi Swapp, Making Memories, Scenic Route...)

Below that are my empty boxes from page protectors (I like to use these for going to crops), my sewing machine (it stayes plugged in and i just lift it onto my table when I need it) and a box that holds my baby wipes (for cleaning stamps), plastic bags, etc.



I painted some photo boxes from Walmart black. In here I store my wooden alphabet stamps, my foam alphabet stamps, cards, envelops and bags, Christmas cards and ribbon.



In the basket on this shelf, I store my punches (I never thought I'd buy punches, but I'm getting quite the collection.) Beside that are my Project 366/Week in the life album, some blank canvases, my book of me and some completed 8x8 albums.

Below that is a basket of mini-books and my kids' 8.5x11 albums.

The bottom shelf is a basket for Sage. She can use whatever she likes from there when she crafts with me.



On my desk, I have an IKEA organizer, which holds my pens, rulers (yes, that's plural!), 8x10 photos and usually my latest MSS kit-- it's great for keeping that all together. I also have two paper trimmers and a basket of completed layouts (not shown) on the table.



In the little baskets (these I scored for 50 cents each at Superstore), I keep my photos, my embellishments (sorted in little bags) and the tools/stamp stuff I use more often.



Thanks for visiting my space! If you have any comments/questions, don't hesitate to ask or post a comment.





5 comments:

Marcy said...

Thanks for sharing your space Leigh!

Liz Goldhawk said...

I love your big table... so much room to spread out! Great storage ideas... thanks for sharing!

Eva said...

Great space, Leigh! It's so organized! tfs.

jen k said...

so user friendly...
thanks for the peek.

Monica said...

Seeing all your scrap spaces has inspired me to get mine organized. I feel like I could just organize and reorganize and never get to scrapping. Haven't really found a process that works and is inspiring ... or easy to keep cleaned up.