Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wall Art

I'm the kinda person, that, if I see something and think I can make it I'll try to.
I saw this artwork in the Pottery Barn catalogue and knew I could easily make it with my scrapbooking stash. (I've since looked for the picture, but can't find it).

Anyway... all you'll need for this is a canvas and some paper. The original looked just like the Basic Grey solids, so I used those. (Two-three colors that are very similar if you want it monochromatic... which I did)

I trimmed my pattern paper to 1"x2" pieces and started gluing. As simple as that.
I used modpodge and a foam brush which happened to be the same size as the pieces I was gluing! After I had all the pieces on I sanded the edges and brushed another coat of glue on top to seal it. See... simple.




I have to glue a ribbon around the edge of the canvas yet (to cover the staples), but now I have a lovely piece of art hanging on a wall in my studio.

Now, I think I'll make another for our bedroom!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous!! I'm always so envious of your creative craftiness. I wish I had that gift!!

Liz Goldhawk said...

wow... that looks so beautiful! I'm definitely lifting!

Marcy said...

Ummm... Amanda... meet cake-lady. You are totally crafty!

valerie said...

LOL...love it. it would look perfect in our bedroom ;)

Heather said...

are you serious?? i have been doing the same thing this weekend... i saw the same thing somewhere.. sheesh. great minds think alike. and of course i am using basic grey pp. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous!! I love it!